Volunteer for the Congress
Thank you for your interest in the World Parks Congress Call for Volunteers.
Applications are open until 10 October 2014.
Volunteering is a great way for you to be involved in the Congress!
As a volunteer, you will play a vital role in creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for delegates while assisting the hosts to deliver a professionally run Congress. We are looking for up to 250 dedicated volunteers to assist us.
Applications to volunteer as part of the Congress have reopened until 10 October. To volunteer you will need to register your details and complete a short selection criterion.Volunteer Now
Why Volunteer at the IUCN World Parks Congress?
- Receive free registration! When you volunteer for 35 hours you’ll receive free registration and be able to attend Congress activities when you are not on a volunteer shift.
- Meet and network with a diverse range of people from conservation and business sectors.
- The Congress will be the global hub of knowledge and innovation in protected area conservation. You can make a direct contribution to the success of this once in a decade event!
- Take advantage of this great opportunity for your personal and professional growth.
- Receive a letter of appreciation from the Congress organisers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for volunteers who have the time, dedication and enthusiasm to help us deliver this once in ten year event. If you are professional, committed, hard working, reliable and culturally sensitive, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
What roles are available?
We are seeking volunteers to support Congress delegates by staffing information desks, providing site directions and acting as room runners. Further information is available in the Frequently Asked Questions.
What do we require from you?
To apply you will need to be:
- at least 18 years of age.
- fluent in English (proficiency in Spanish and French would be an advantage).
- be available to work a total of 35 hours between 10-20 November 2014.
- attend training/orientation sessions prior to the Congress.
- able to take care of your own travel arrangements (this includes visa, flights and accommodation).
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.