Free excursions to Sydney-based nature experiences for World Parks Congress registered delegates
On Sunday 16 November 2014 registered delegates are invited to participate in an exciting half day World Parks Congress excursion.
Visit some of the most enticing parks and parklands in the Sydney area, and learn from Hosts of the Congress how initiatives discussed during the Congress Programme are put into practice on the ground. These experiences have been specially designed just for registered Congress delegates.
When: Sunday 16 November, from 8:00-15:30
(Excursion booking page will show exact time for the selected excursion. Registered participants will receive a message from their excursion host with any additional details at the end of October).
Who: IUCN World Parks Congress registered delegates only
Transport: Return travel to Sydney Olympic Park (via coach or ferry, depending on the excursion). Pick-up bus shuttle service from Parramatta and Sydney City from select locations.
Morning tea & lunch: Included
Cost: No cost for registered delegates to attend
Limited places! Book quickly
Congress Excursions are now fully booked. Delegates who have received an Eventbrite confirmation are asked to visit the Excursion Desk at Congress to collect their Excursion identification before Sunday. Delegates who have not secured a place on an Excursion and wish to are encouraged to visit the Excursion Desk and check if a space has become available due to a cancellation.
Terms and conditions
- Congress excursions are open to World Parks Congress registered delegates. Congress excursions are not open to guests, friends or family members unless they have registered for the World Parks Congress as an Accompanying Guest and are fully paid.
- Bookings made by persons not registered and fully paid as World Park Congress delegates at 12 October will unfortunately be removed without notice.
- You may only register for one excursion. Duplicate bookings will unfortunately be removed without notice.
- You will be required to show your excursion ticket and official World Parks Congress delegate badge to join the excursion.
- Each excursion has a maximum capacity. Booking pages will indicate SOLD OUT when excursion places are exhausted.
- Online bookings close on 12 November 2014. A Congress excursion representative will be available at the Congress from Thursday 13 November to assist with enquiries.
- A Waiting List will not be activated until all excursions are fully booked/SOLD OUT. Information regarding this will be communicated to registered delegates at such time.
- Congress excursions are free to registered delegates – they include:
- Return transportation from Sydney Olympic Park to the excursion destination.
- Morning tea and lunch. There will be some vegetarian options available; however other dietary requirements unfortunately cannot be catered for. Delegates with special dietary needs are required to bring their own food/beverage.
- Special requirements and suggestions about what to bring are noted on the individual excursion webpages.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the excursion as described on this website, however all excursions may be altered or cancelled due to bad weather or other conditions outside the control of the Hosts.
- Participants need to be aware of the local weather and climate of the area your excursion will visit. See the Bureau of Meteorology website for November average temperatures in the Sydney region.
- Congress excursions will be conducted in English.
- Congress excursions include outdoor activities and travel. Participants need to be aware and accept that there are inherent risks associated with outdoor activities.
- Participants are advised to take out personal travel insurance.
Created 10 September 2014